9/25/2013

Knock, Knock. Who's There? Nobody Cares.

Knock, knock.

I really don't have any more time for these lame jokes, Mike.

Orange.

Mike! I'm not doing this with you right now. Seriously. I've got a lot of work to do and every time you come over here--

Orange you glad you didn't open the door?!

I didn't. I didn't open the door because there are no doors anywhere near the two of us. We both work in the same open space. And I do use the term "work" loosely in this case, Mike.

Knock, knock.

Really? Another one? You're an adult human male who still believes that knock knock jokes can be funny? I didn't know people like you existed in the real world.

Harry.

See, you're not even waiting for me to work my way into the joke. There's a proper etiquette--a sort of back-and-forth, call-and-response type of thing--that you're entirely glossing over here.

Harry up and open the door!!

Hmm. I get it. Did you steal these from Very Literal Knock Knock Jokes: A Guidebook to Disrupting the World Around You In the Most Childishly Irritating Way Possible? Seriously, Mike, for all that is righteous and holy, just go back to your area. If you want to mumble more of these abysmal non-punchlines under your breath, that's fine. But--

Knock, knock.

...I will physically harm you, Mike! Do you understand me??

Felix.

Barbed wire! All over your face, Mike! If you don't stop with these awful--

Felix my ice cream again, I'm gonna kill him!

Damn it. That was actually pretty funny. Good on you, Mike. Good on you.


Happy Hump Day,
Your coworker

No comments:

Post a Comment